How to Apply
The Carle General Surgery Residency Program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and operates in accordance with ACGME and AOA policies. As such, the program will select among eligible applicants on the basis of preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Applicants must also have excellent skills in verbal and written English. We do not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All applicants must be graduates of a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or equivalent, or graduates of colleges of Osteopathic Medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). We do not currently support J-1 and H-1 visas.
All applications must be submitted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Unsolicited electronic and paper applications will not be accepted.
- A current CV listing all relevant experience and education (CVs must include documentation of any lapses in training)
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from surgeons
- Dean's letter – MSPE
- Personal statement
- A copy of your USMLE test scores for Steps I and II
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- ABSITE test scores (if applicable)
- ECFMG status report (if applicable)
- Applicant must possess excellent skills in both verbal and written English
All candidates please note that additional information may be requested.
Due to the large number of applicants, not everyone meeting these criteria will be interviewed or accepted. Final decisions are made after review of all available information.
If you have any questions regarding our program or the application process, please contact us by email at email@example.com.