How to Apply
As a desirable program, we receive many applications and typically interview 40 candidates for six positions each year. Therefore, it is possible not all applicants meeting the criteria will be offered an interview. Decisions are made after consideration of all information available at the time that the application is reviewed.
Interview Criteria for the 2018 Match
We are a competitive community based, university affiliated program in a highly desirable place to live, grow, practice, and raise a family. We receive many applications, and typically interview 40 candidates for six positions each year. As we receive a very large number of applications each year, it is possible that not all applicants meeting the below criteria will be offered an interview. Decisions are made upon review of all information that is available at the time that the application is reviewed.
- Must be a graduate of COCA-accredited COM.
- No more than three years shall have elapsed between initiation of residency training and graduation from medical school, previous residency training experience, or active practice.
- Documentable clinical experience in the United States which must include hands on patient care.
- A total of three letters of recommendation are required. At least two LORs must be from physicians practicing in the United States, one of which must be from a Family Medicine physician.
- We only accept applications through ERAS.
- We currently do not sponsor resident applications that require H1 visa status.
- An applicant must possess excellent skills in both verbal and written English.
- Only complete applications will be considered for interview. A complete application will include the following:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Physical Exam and results for Level 1 of COMLEX. Availability of final results for Level 2 COMLEX is encouraged and highly preferred for interview consideration.
- Interviews will be conducted September 20, 2017 through January 3, 2018.