The Carle Foundation Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program is a community based program in 413 bed tertiary care hospital featuring:
- Level I Trauma Center
- Level III Perinatal services
- Primary Stroke Center
- Carle Cancer Center
- Carle Heart and Vascular Institute
Affiliated with the University of Illinois College of Medicine, we are equipped with tremendous resources and research opportunities. Our program is technologically advanced with a fully integrated inpatient/outpatient Electronic Medical Record (Epic), a Simulation Lab and digital resources at your fingertips. We have a 1:1 faculty to resident ratio, unopposed OB training and are AOA and ACGME accredited. The Carle Family Medicine Residency has been AOA accredited since 2004.
- Community based Family Medicine friendly hospital which is also a very sophisticated tertiary referral center for the region with strengths in emergency medicine/trauma, obstetrics and pediatric subspecialties. Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle Physician Group are well established institutions since 1931.
- Our affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine gives our residents opportunities to teach and serve as mentors for medical students. Through appointment as an associate instructor, residents have all the resources of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at their fingertips. A required senior scholarship project provides research opportunities through Carle and the UICOM.
- An unopposed program with no Obstetrics residency present, Family Medicine residents receive solid OB training.
- Collaboration with Internal Medicine and General Surgery in the inpatient setting strengthens our inpatient teaching program.
- Highly regarded Pediatrics curriculum provides an abundance of structured clinical experience.
- The 1:1 faculty to resident ratio allows for a personalized approach to your residency experience.
- Innovative educational styles and Areas of Concentration.
- Very competitive salary and benefits package.
- High retention rate in Champaign-Urbana, a family friendly community with a comparatively low cost of living
- Fully implemented EMR integrated throughout the hospital and clinic (Epic).
- A Practice Management Curriculum that prepares you for the outside world.