The Carle Foundation Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program is a community based program in 413 bed tertiary care hospital featuring:
- Level I Trauma Center
- Level III Perinatal services
- Primary Stroke Center
- Carle Cancer Center
- Carle Heart and Vascular Institute
We are equipped with tremendous resources and research opportunities. Our program is technologically advanced with a fully integrated inpatient/outpatient Electronic Medical Record (Epic), a Simulation Lab and digital resources at your fingertips.
- Community based Family Medicine friendly hospital which is also a very sophisticated tertiary referral center for the region with strengths in emergency medicine/trauma, obstetrics and pediatric subspecialties. Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle Physician Group are well established institutions since 1931.
- Our affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine gives our residents opportunities to teach and serve as mentors for medical students.
- Collaboration with Critical Care and General Surgery in the inpatient setting strengthens our inpatient teaching program.
- Innovative educational styles and internal track education systems.
- Very competitive salary and benefits package.
- High retention rate in Champaign-Urbana, a family friendly community with a comparatively low cost of living.
- Fully implemented EMR integrated throughout the hospital and clinic (Epic).